Re: I want to force 1/2 duplex from my network card. How?

Hi Gilbert,

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:18:13 -0600 (CST)
Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Subject says it all. Auto-detect is giving me full duplex, but it
> should really be 1/2 duplex. Redhat-config-network* doesn't do
> anything for me to solve this. I want this to be "hard-coded", if you
> will. Thanks for any advice. Running FC1, fully patched...

First, you should provide at least some info about your network card...
anyway, what you probably need is some module parameters (assuming NIC
support is configured as a module on your system).

eg. here with my nForce2 chipset, nvnet allows the following parameters:

# modinfo nvnet
filename:    /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2174.nptlcustom/kernel/drivers/net/nvnet.o
author:      "NVIDIA (linux-nforce-bugs@xxxxxxxxxx"
license:     "NVIDIA"
parm:        speed int, description "Control speed by setting 0 for auto, 1 for 10 Mbps and 2 for 100 Mbps"
parm:        duplex int, description "Control duplex by setting 0 for auto, 1 for half and 2 for full"
parm:        optimization int, description "Control optimization by setting 0 for Throughput, 1 for CPU"

You could then provide the above params (speed, duplex, optimization) on
the /etc/modules.conf file. Maybe something similar can be done for your
network card module.

HTH

Andre

--