Re: the ' 'official' point of view' expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion

Still I am missing something.

I am not interested in discussing about 1:5 ora 5:1 or so on.
I am not even interested if reiser4 users are 35 or 35000.
But if some people felt they need reiser4 to get their work done, that means
something. The numbers and the datum per se are meaningless.

Anyway you have a datum.
Some people need reiser4, period.

Why they need reiser4?
all of them are just playing with him to have a new game for their spare time?
I don't think so.
Some of them are using reiser4 because it is the best solution for their work?
this is a concrete possibility.

again... why that?
Because the other FSs are not suitable for certain work?
Because the other FSs are suitable, but reiser4 offers better results?
Because even reiser4 is not complitelly suitable for some kind of work, but
the other FSs are a worser solution?

I don't think most reiser4 users decided to give it a try just to enjoy
their time making tests just because they are curious.

that does not mean reiser4 should be merged into linux kernel because of
this. On the other side you can agree reiser4 has its place, because there
are users who need it. What we would need to understand, sine ira nec
studio, is where this place is.