Re: Linux on ARM tablets?

On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 15:20 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
> What is the commercial reason to do this then? I understand what -you-
> want - but redhat needs to have a business reason to leverage this -
> like RHEL derives from fedora ...
>
>   Unless there's a rational business plan it makes no sense to sponsor
> this ... think like a businessperson ...

Well... given the demise of Meego, more or less, and the pending demise
of Symbian and the fact that Nokia just signed a deal with the software
devil to use Windows on their handsets, I think there is a huge
opportunity for Redhat to go after the mobile device market.  Just look
at the success of Android.   A lot of players in the mobile market would
love to partner with someone other than Google.