Re: X won't start on F14 - I've run out of ideas! [Solved]

  On 10/16/10 6:03 AM, Claude Jones wrote:

> Ended up doing a reinstall to F14x64_TC1 - all is now well; I went
> into custom partitioning and used all the same partitions as before,
> but left the old home unformatted - so, the / and /boot partitions got
> wiped but my old home with all my data and mail and numerous other
> custom configurations were preserved. The machine came up after the
> install, asked me to create a new user name/password; when I put in
> the same as the old, it reported that it had found a user folder with
> that name and did I want to take possession of that folder - answering
> yes produces a pause as the permissions and rights are reset, and then
> the machine came right up. X is running perfectly now - presumably,
> I'm up on the nouveau driver.

Can you report this on the test mailing list as well to make them aware
of this 'fix' and that the problem persisted through a reboot when you
upgraded from an older FC version.  May stop this from happening when FC
14 becomes available to the general public.

James McKenzie