Re: Video in a small window -

  On 25/09/10 16:05, JD wrote:

> On 09/25/2010 12:48 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>     On 25/09/10 15:10, JD wrote:
>>> VLC video window is integrated into the control gui and thus
>>> cannot be scaled down to the size that you can with mplayer
>>> view window.
>>> Now....
>>> what small corner window?
>>> Moving anything on the screen only takes that
>>> you click and hold on the title bar and then drag it to any
>>> position on the screen and release. How hard can that be?
>>>
>>       VLC is quite happy to display the videos as is Firefox, both ask for
>>       user and password and just work!
>>
>>       By mplayer I assume you mean totem
> NO!
> Totem is NOT mplayer.
> mplayer-1.0-0.117.20100703svn.fc13.i686
> totem-2.30.2-1.fc13.i686

    Ok, yum installed mplayer and the GUI too. It appears to accept the
    camera user and password but it doesn't seem able to decode the
    mjpeg video? The screen goes to black as though it is starting but
    then it reverts to a splash screen with a play button and does
    nothing after that.

    I will spend some more time investigating mplayer. The ability to
    put the user and password in the start command is a definite
    convenience, if only it can be made to display the video.

    Thanks for the help.

    Bob