Re: Video in a small window -

  On 25/09/10 15:10, JD wrote:

> VLC video window is integrated into the control gui and thus
> cannot be scaled down to the size that you can with mplayer
> view window.
> Now....
> what small corner window?
> Moving anything on the screen only takes that
> you click and hold on the title bar and then drag it to any
> position on the screen and release. How hard can that be?

    VLC is quite happy to display the videos as is Firefox, both ask for
    user and password and just work!

    By mplayer I assume you mean totem which I have never had much
    success with. In this case I suspect it wants the user and password
    but doesn't ask. Perhaps there's a way to put it in the opening
    command? I will look for that ...

        [bobg@box9 ~]$ /usr/bin/totem http://192.168.1.51/mjpeg/mjpeg.video

        (totem:5322): Totem-WARNING **: Failed to create dbus proxy for
        org.gnome.SettingsDaemon: Could not get owner of name
        'org.gnome.SettingsDaemon': no such name
        ** Message: Error: Unauthorized
        gstsouphttpsrc.c(914): gst_soup_http_src_finished_cb ():
        /GstPlayBin2:play/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source:
        libsoup status code 401

    Results in an error message:

    An error occurred
    Location not found.