Re: F13: How to reset KDE user/session desktop to its defaults?

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> Also, there is that annoying "Desktop Folder" - geez, how
> to I put stuff directly on the desktop just as in Gnome?

It's flexible in that you can have folderviews for *any* folder(s) of your
choice, including Desktop.

But, if the classic full-screen Desktop folder is what you want, so be it,
just change your plasma activity type from Desktop to FolderView.  See also,
http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma#Folder_Views
http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/FAQ/4.4/Configuration#Working_with_Activities

-- Rex