F13: How to reset KDE user/session desktop to its defaults?

Since I am a heavy gnome desktop user, I decided
to take a look at KDE.

The first thing I tried to do was to figure out how to
move the bottom panel to the top, and I tried to
drag and move it, but in the process, I "peeled" something
out from the bottom and I unexpectedly dropped it into the
middle of the screen...  it appeared as a partial window,
there was only the title bar and what appeared to be, a 1/4"
semi-window with no content and it was not a complete box
encapsulation, it looked like two sticks on the left and right.

I tried to put this "panel" back into the bottom panel, to
no avail, giving up, I ended up deleting it.

I noted that the bottom panel was not looking the same
from its default.

What I would like to do is to restore/reset the desktop back
to a first time user.

Is this possible?

Some say to delete the .kde4 in the user's home directory
but on F13, I only see .kde, not .kde3 nor .kde4, so I am
assuming that F13 by default is probably KDE 3?

As noted, I have amarok and perhaps other kde apps in
gnome so it is perhaps not a good idea to simply blow
away the .kde directory nor to simply rename the .kde
to something else and expect to recover my gnome & kde
configurations, piecewise?  In particular, I definitely do not
want to mess up my gnome settings, but since I am new to
KDE, all I care is to figure out how to restore KDE to its new
user defaults and proceed to learn how to configure KDE to
my taste.

Any advice?