Re: Compile kernel

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 5:10 AM, jarmo <oh1mrr@xxxxxx> wrote:
Konstantin Svist kirjoitti perjantai, 20. elokuuta 2010 19:57:53:

> and, finally, i686 is the hardware architecture this package is
meant for

> HTH

Oh, propably asked wrongly. I know all that, what you explained.
I ment, what for is that -devel source, if I can't compile it
directly?

By make menuconfic etc. When I started with linux 1996, from
since
I have compiled kernels that way. This moment I don't need any
rpm
from this kernel, because I know, that there's coming at least
that bug correction soon. I'd like to test, if there's noticeable
difference
between pentium pro and pentium 4 optimizion.

So why is this -devel for, if it's patched already, but you can't
compile it?

Jarmo
The .spec file in the src.rpm applies the patches before it makes the rpm.

--
Clive