Re: Pulseaudio error on HP Probook 4515s

Rick,

Thank you for helping me - you don't know how grateful to you, but I think it work that solution that I have found in bugzilla - No. 620189. The user between us (Nick is: Electron - huge thanks) has purchased an very cool Asus motherboard. This Asus motherboard has the same vendor chipset (ALC892) as I have in my HP Probook 4515s - and I have used up the solution from him. I have ATi RS 880 Azalia / ST-ALC96xx chipset - driven by snd-intel-hda. I don't know that works on more other brother chipsets, but hopefully this eases many users life - and it needs to be tested widely on many ALC chipset where similar problem appears around this family. If this is the compatibility key in kernel, then somebody needs to pick up and commit my machine type too!

But the main thing is works. My machine has received back the line-in and the integrated mic. So:

Step 1: Create an new file called alsa-base.conf to /etc/modprobe.d
Step 2: Open as root
Step 3: Insert the following line without quotes:
            " options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1"
Step 4: Save it - and close nautilus, or your fm - and restart the system!

Enjoy.

PS: I think this could be a full post for fedorasolved - for the current F13.

Thanks,

Zoltan