Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 17:24:09 -0400,
  Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 May 2010, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> >
> >I do think it would be hard to argue announcing and actively discussing
> >the design on three separate Fedora mailing lists was not sufficient
> >enough mailing list exposure!
> >
> OTOH, one must be subscribed to said lists in order to participate.  Those of
> us who have varied interests are generally subscribed to more mailing lists
> than we can handle by making timely, on topic and expert responses to the
> list we are on.  To demand that we subscribe to YAML just to participate in
> your often petty squabbles over the color themes etc, is to be blunt, asking
> for way too much.  My present folder count in kmail is 49, more than screen
> height

That depends on what level of participation you want. If you want to be
actively involved before something is revealed to the public at large
it makes very much sense to be subscribed to the list where that part of
Fedora is worked on.

If you want to provide suggestions or other feedback after the fact, then
it is appropriate to provide thoughtful comment to track or bugzilla
tickets (as appropriate for the specific team) with that feedback. That
feedback can then be incorporated when doing the design for the next
iteration. Or if your interest level has increased perhaps consider subscribing
to the list for a limited period of time to discuss your ideas with the team.