Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:56:31 -0400
Máirín Duffy wrote:

> There were multiple blog posts on the redesign posted to Planet Fedora
> [1] (and syndicated to many other Linux & open source-related blog
> planets) over a period of several months, as well as mentioned on Fedora
> Weekly News [2], discussed on the Fedora websites mailing list,
> logistics mailing list, and design mailing list.

But not, of course, on the fedora users list I guess, the list where
the folks who are actually going to use this stuff hang out.

The Vogons had their plans for the destruction of Earth on file in the
galactic office on Alpha-Centauri too :-).

> I appreciate your effort in trying to participate, but I hope you can
> see how your feedback would easily be interpreted as non-constructive
> and inflammatory. Especially when I gave you an example link to where
> the design was posted last fall, and you reply that you wouldn't have
> bothered to look at it. It makes it seem as if you are not really
> interested in helping, only complaining.

If Ford gave me an opportunity to look at their plans for redesigned
controls in their new line of cars, I wouldn't bother to look at that
either because I wouldn't think they would be idiotic enough to remove
the brake pedal since, after all, the car will stop anyway when it
hits something :-).

Complaining after the fact is the only possible response available
when something you couldn't imagine happening in your wildest dreams
is foisted on you. You can't spend 24 hours a day trying to guess
what cliques of developers are off planning the next disaster so
you can attempt to constructively participate ahead of time and
head them off.