Re: What driives me crazy about bugzilla(att: Rahul)

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 05:26 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 22:46 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> >
> >> I currently don't have an F11 system up and running...but will try to
> >> get one up this week.  But, I do have a question.  When you open
> >> "Places--->Network" you'd normally see "Windows Network" and under that
> >> you'd find any Workgroups or Domains that have advertised their
> >> existence.  Yes?
> >>
> >> So, what would you expect to see under "Places--->Network" with regards
> >> to other Fedora or Linux systems?  NFS shares?  FTP servers?  SSHD
> >> servers?  Or do you just expect that their existence will be noted?  I
> >> just want to understand what you see as working correctly.
> >>
> >> Thanks....
> >>

> > Well that is a little mysterious. Under the windows network you see the
> > various shaes ADMIN$ C$ print$. One expects to be able to login to any
> > of those shares. Although I admit I have yet to make that work. No
> > passwd I try works.
> >
> I see.  Well, that is another thing.....
> > What I saw under F11 was icons for all the Fedora machines on the LAN
> > including the one I am on and I would expect to be able to open the icon
> > and login to the machine. You can do that using Places-> Connect to
> > Server but then yo need to know in advance the machines name or ip
> > address. Using Places->Network seems easier.
> >
> OK....  But, I'm still not clear on one thing and I just like to make
> sure....  When you say you can see the "icons for all the Fedora
> machines on the LAN" you are saying you see them directly in the
> "Places->Network" window and not "Places->Network->Windows Network".

In F11 when I go to Places->Network I see the icon for the Windows
Network and and icons for the Fedora Machines. Clicking on the Windows
Network makes it clear that it represents only the Windows machine.
Then you have icons for the Fedora machines. In F12 you see only the
Windows Network.

> And, when you say "login" do you mean actually login and get a shell
> prompt or login and see files/folders that have been exported/shared?

It has been so long since I have tried this with F11 I don't remember
what happens when you click on the Fedora machine icons. My assumption
is that the result is similar to ssh to the machine. That is basically
what happens when you click on the Windows Network icon except using
samba. I have only one Windows machine on my LAN so I don't know whether
you get separate icons for each Windows machine. I expect you do since
clicking on the icon reveals a window with the machine's name.