Re: What driives me crazy about bugzilla(att: Rahul)

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I understand that creating a bugzilla entry is the only way developers
> can hear of a problem. But over and over I file a bugzilla and get no
> response.
>
> On 12/08/09 I filed a bugzilla about a problem that in both Gnome and
> Nautilus executing Places->Network reveals Windows machines on the LAN
> but not fedora machines. This worked correctly on F11 but not on f12.
>
> It has been 2 months , almost, since the bugzilla and I have seen no
> response. It is really frustrating. What is one supposed do?  I have go
> real response to this problem from the list either.

It is true that you've no gotten a response on this list as well.

I currently don't have an F11 system up and running...but will try to
get one up this week.  But, I do have a question.  When you open
"Places--->Network" you'd normally see "Windows Network" and under that
you'd find any Workgroups or Domains that have advertised their
existence.  Yes?

So, what would you expect to see under "Places--->Network" with regards
to other Fedora or Linux systems?  NFS shares?  FTP servers?  SSHD
servers?  Or do you just expect that their existence will be noted?  I
just want to understand what you see as working correctly.

Thanks....

--
The reason they're called wisdom teeth is that the experience makes you
wise.