Re: What driives me crazy about bugzilla(att: Rahul)

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 22:46 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > I understand that creating a bugzilla entry is the only way developers
> > can hear of a problem. But over and over I file a bugzilla and get no
> > response.
> >
> > On 12/08/09 I filed a bugzilla about a problem that in both Gnome and
> > Nautilus executing Places->Network reveals Windows machines on the LAN
> > but not fedora machines. This worked correctly on F11 but not on f12.
> >
> > It has been 2 months , almost, since the bugzilla and I have seen no
> > response. It is really frustrating. What is one supposed do?  I have go
> > real response to this problem from the list either.
> >
> It is true that you've no gotten a response on this list as well.
>
> I currently don't have an F11 system up and running...but will try to
> get one up this week.  But, I do have a question.  When you open
> "Places--->Network" you'd normally see "Windows Network" and under that
> you'd find any Workgroups or Domains that have advertised their
> existence.  Yes?
>
> So, what would you expect to see under "Places--->Network" with regards
> to other Fedora or Linux systems?  NFS shares?  FTP servers?  SSHD
> servers?  Or do you just expect that their existence will be noted?  I
> just want to understand what you see as working correctly.
>
> Thanks....

Well that is a little mysterious. Under the windows network you see the
various shaes ADMIN$ C$ print$. One expects to be able to login to any
of those shares. Although I admit I have yet to make that work. No
passwd I try works.

What I saw under F11 was icons for all the Fedora machines on the LAN
including the one I am on and I would expect to be able to open the icon
and login to the machine. You can do that using Places-> Connect to
Server but then yo need to know in advance the machines name or ip
address. Using Places->Network seems easier.