Re: What driives me crazy about bugzilla(att: Rahul)

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 22:46 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>>> I understand that creating a bugzilla entry is the only way developers
>>> can hear of a problem. But over and over I file a bugzilla and get no
>>> response.
>>>
>>> On 12/08/09 I filed a bugzilla about a problem that in both Gnome and
>>> Nautilus executing Places->Network reveals Windows machines on the LAN
>>> but not fedora machines. This worked correctly on F11 but not on f12.
>>>
>>> It has been 2 months , almost, since the bugzilla and I have seen no
>>> response. It is really frustrating. What is one supposed do?  I have go
>>> real response to this problem from the list either.
>>>
>> It is true that you've no gotten a response on this list as well.
>>
>> I currently don't have an F11 system up and running...but will try to
>> get one up this week.  But, I do have a question.  When you open
>> "Places--->Network" you'd normally see "Windows Network" and under that
>> you'd find any Workgroups or Domains that have advertised their
>> existence.  Yes?
>>
>> So, what would you expect to see under "Places--->Network" with regards
>> to other Fedora or Linux systems?  NFS shares?  FTP servers?  SSHD
>> servers?  Or do you just expect that their existence will be noted?  I
>> just want to understand what you see as working correctly.
>>
>> Thanks....
>>

> Well that is a little mysterious. Under the windows network you see the
> various shaes ADMIN$ C$ print$. One expects to be able to login to any
> of those shares. Although I admit I have yet to make that work. No
> passwd I try works.
>
> What I saw under F11 was icons for all the Fedora machines on the LAN
> including the one I am on and I would expect to be able to open the icon
> and login to the machine. You can do that using Places-> Connect to
> Server but then yo need to know in advance the machines name or ip
> address. Using Places->Network seems easier.

I have to say that I don't see any Fedora machines on FC9, 10, 11, or 12 here,
nor would I expect to unless they were running SAMBA shares or whatever has
replaced that tech (haven't had to put a windows machine up here in several years).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>