Re: What driives me crazy about bugzilla [Making Progress]

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 16:20 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
> > Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >> What I saw under F11 was icons for all the Fedora machines on the
> >> LAN including the one I am on and I would expect to be able to open
> >> the icon and login to the machine. You can do that using Places->
> >> Connect to Server but then yo need to know in advance the machines
> >> name or ip address. Using Places->Network seems easier.
> >>
> > OK....  I got an F11 system up and running.  And I now see what you
> > want.
> >
> > On the F11 system I bring up "Places->Network" and indeed there are
> > icons labeled "f11" and "f12".  Clicking on the "f12" icon brings up
> > a login dialog which then results in an sftp connection.
> >
> > Now.....  The reason you see this on F11 and not F12 is that F11 is
> > sending out MDNS query broadcasts and F12 is responding.
> *However*,
> >  F12 is not sending out MDNS queries.  I thought this was due to the
> > file /etc/sysconfig/network contained "NOZEROCONF=yes" but changing
> > it to "no" has had not effect.
> >
> > So, need to figure out how to get F12 to send MDNS queries.....
> >
> OK....this is most definitely a GNOME issue....

Well I ma embarrassed. You reminded me of a truth which confirms your
analysis. When I observed this phenomena in F11 my other machine was
running F12. So that changed the whole picture along the lines that you
have discovered. I am going to have to think further on this matter.

But, the shame is that I expected the bugzilla people to try to do what
you have dune instead of leaving me hanging. Thanks for all of your
work.