Re: Gnome or KDE - why not ask?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 10/11/2009 07:48 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
>> Nevertheless, it remains true that Fedora is a Gnome-based distro! Why?
>> Because it's all over the documentation. I doubt you'll find the phrase
>> "Fedora is a Gnome-based distro" anywhere in the docs, but the fact
>> remains that at every juncture where a DE is relevant to a system
>> administration function, it's assumed to be Gnome unless a specific
>> exception is made for KDE.
>
> Any specific pointers? We can fix the documentation. You are welcome to
> contribute.  In most cases, it is a matter of not having enough people
> volunteering to comprehensively document every desktop environment.

While not exactly documentation:
  http://www.fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora

  Get Fedora 11 Desktop Edition Now
    This is the latest version of the Fedora Linux
    operating system featuring the GNOME desktop.

And then on the right:
  KDE fans, go here!
  Have a PowerPC?  Go here!
  Show me all download options in one page!

Put in this way, it appears that KDE and PPC are
just "supported because there are a few weird
people and weird machines around".

Better replace fans with something more neutral
such as "users".

BTW, why in the first two sentences the webmaster
is talking and in the last one the web user is talking?
Sounds stylistically unpolished.

Suggestion:
  Fedora with KDE
  Fedora for PowerPC