Re: quotas on nfs share

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Chris Adams<cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<...snip...>
> If you want to edit quotas remotely, you have to use the -r option to
> edquota.  This also requires adding the -S option to the rpc.rquotad
> call (in /etc/sysconfig/nfs on Fedora), but only works in rpc.rquotad
> was compiled with that support; the version in F9 and F10 was not, but
> F11 includes this support.

I wanted to report back on this.

>From my f11 box I tested using 'edquota -r' and it does see the nfs export
with quotas in it. I tried to edit quotas by entering numbers, but I cannot
save the changes because, unfortunately, my Centos 5.3 server does not
support the -S option to rpc.quotad, even tough the rquotad man page explicitly
mentions the "-S, --setquota" options.
I modified the CentOS server /etc/sysconfig/nfs options, but rquotad does
not like -S.

The CentOS server log registers the setquota problem.
   "rpc.rquotad: host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx attempted to call setquota when disabled"

I'll be asking about this in the CentOS mailing list. If anyone here knows
about the subject, please share.

~af