Re: quotas on nfs share

Aldo Foot writes:

I wanted to add the command I use at the client.

client> mount -t nfs -o rw -o usrquota server:/mnt/p1 /mnt/p1

usrquota is not listed in the mount options. Why?

client> mount -l | grep p1
server:/mnt/p1 on /mnt/p1 type nfs (rw,addr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

It seems to me that quotas, if any, would need to be enabled or implemented on the server, and not the client. This client has no clue, of course, if any other client is mounting the same export on the server. Some other client may very well be creating files, using the same userid, which impacts the user's quota.

Therefore, logically, if there's something that needs to be done to implement quotas, you'll want to look on the server, not the cient.