Re: f8: PC dies while using firefox

> My most recent test showed no effect on swap (1G Ram in the machine and
> 0 swap used).  But Acroread was consuming 100% of one processor.  I have

I wouldn't expect it to use more swap normally, bu it will only hand out
memory if the swap is there in case it is needed (basically it'll only
loan what is in the bank)

> also re-acquired a problem I had with early F7 where I am getting
> frequent "Connection reset by remote host" messages and also lots of
> interrupted page loads on firefox (probably related).

Years ago I replaced acroread with evince and my world has been happier
since. An strace should show what acroread is doing

The connection reset messages point to network problems and usually ones
not at the Linux level but higher up  - eg two boxes with the same IP
address.

Alan