Re: f8: PC dies while using firefox

Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 10:04 -0600, Phil Meyer wrote:
At first, I also thought it was a hardware issue. I checked:

- Bios settings (tried enabling/disabling some stuff)
- HDD (ran smart tests and xfs_check, xfs_repairs on all of them)
- Graphics card (tried different drivers)

As long as I don't use firefox, everything is well. I'll try, for a
period, to use opera or something else... , and leave my PC on.

What version of Flash are you using?

I had an issue related to flash causing my system to freeze. I have not seen it for ages.

Also, have you updated to the latest BIOS. My new desktop would freeze but once I updated the BIOS, no issues.

I had an issue with my nvidia card on F7 and freezing, even with the nv driver. If I sshd into the computer, I would find xorg using most of the process though. Same at work with an ATI card.

It is fun trying to trace these issues.

--
Robin Laing