Re: Samsung printer woes

> We want manufacturers to cooperate to get people away from the shit made
> by M$ which causes us a lot of grief by being zombified and attacking
> linux systems, choking networks and systems, etc. Making life difficult
> for them is not a good thing...

And removing the security which stops Linux ending up zombified and all
the other stuff so Linux ends up like Windows doesn't help anyone. Doing
security properly is hard, just like building safe cars is hard. In both
cases the change had to happen, and in the software case governments have
made it clear they intend to drag the software industry (kicking and
screaming if neccessary) out of the stone age.

If the Samsung drivers are OSS and not packaged in Fedora the ideal thing
would be to get them packaged up nicely so that in FC10 a Samsung printer
just works.

(And I'm currently chasing Dell to get their printer pdd files into the
base Fedora ;))

Alan