Re: Updates SOLVED! ... Or is it!

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 20:36 -0800, Joshua Andrews wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:

> >> The *best* thing out of this entire thread is that I'm now watching "The
> >> Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai - Across the 8th Dimension".
> >>
> >> Thanks again Ric
> >>
> >> I also learned another lesson....
> >>

> > OK, I'll bite! What did you learn? And did you enjoy Buckaroo? I would
> > suggest "Plug Head" #1 and #2 for your next install of the best of
> > Geekly Sci-Fi. (search eBay for "circuitry man")
> >
> > Afterwards you can then shoot yourself, as you would have seen it all.
> > OR, remain here on Earth and pass my favor forward. <huge chuckles>
> > Enjoy! :) Ric
> >

> You know this subject is going to be killfiltered or just ignored by
> most people, which is really too bad for anyone who wants to learn
> something about "Updates'!
>
> Wow, if folks would stick to the subject more or less and if the list
> was searchable what a great helpful resource this list could be...
>
> More to the subject; I keep getting the same slow-as-molasses mirror
> every time I run yum. Is there a way to be more geo-spacific about the
> choice of mirror servers?
----
you have high expectations for a thread that Karl starts. I admire your
optimism. You might have started your own thread for your own issues but
there are some who are going for the all-time record for thread length
that appreciate your efforts.

CentOS does handle geo-oriented mirros better than Fedora but I think
Fedora has been trying to get there. Perhaps Rahul has some opinions on
this topic.

Perhaps there's a black hole that has your system pulling from the same
wrong mirror is not accidental...it's a Groundhog Day thing.

Craig