Re: Updates SOLVED!

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 09:02 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:

>     Hi Nigel, I wanted to see if apt-get would work with livna and found
> out it doesn't as I sent you. I am now looking at removing yum from this
> F8 and from the F8 DVD re-load an entire new yum.  But not yet sure I
> can do that.
>
>     But it doesn't matter much. This is just fun to see if old time
> methods work. If not nothing much lost.
----
I'm going to make a suggestion, not that I expect that you will take my
advice but I feel compelled to make the suggestion anyway.

You are clearly not helping yourself by trying the various competing
suggestions and various competing repositories and definitely, the
notion of '--force' is a notion that should be thoroughly purged from
your conscious thought as you do not possess the skills to accomplish
anything but harm by using it.

You've been on the list long enough to know who is skilled enough to
help you. Get their advice and see it all the way through. Stop gunning
from the hip with theories of your own.

Craig

PS...I am no longer available to you, not because of dislike but only
because you have made it clear that my efforts to help you are entirely
wasted.