Re: Updates SOLVED! ... Or is it!

Craig White wrote:
On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 20:36 -0800, Joshua Andrews wrote:
Ric Moore wrote:
On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 08:30 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Jim Cornette wrote:

Karl Larsen wrote:
   Well at this point I know a great deal more than YOU do about yum. I am
sorry you had no working ideas but thanks for a try at least.

Karl

What is the output from package-cleanup --problems and from package-cleanup
--dupes ?

This has got to be the longest solved thread on any mailing list.

--
There's no way out of here. When you come in you're in for good.
"Welcome to the Hotel Karlifornia ..."

The *best* thing out of this entire thread is that I'm now watching "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai - Across the 8th Dimension".

Thanks again Ric

I also learned another lesson....
OK, I'll bite! What did you learn? And did you enjoy Buckaroo? I would
suggest "Plug Head" #1 and #2 for your next install of the best of
Geekly Sci-Fi. (search eBay for "circuitry man")
Afterwards you can then shoot yourself, as you would have seen it all.
OR, remain here on Earth and pass my favor forward. <huge chuckles>
Enjoy! :) Ric

You know this subject is going to be killfiltered or just ignored by most people, which is really too bad for anyone who wants to learn something about "Updates'!

Wow, if folks would stick to the subject more or less and if the list was searchable what a great helpful resource this list could be...

More to the subject; I keep getting the same slow-as-molasses mirror every time I run yum. Is there a way to be more geo-spacific about the choice of mirror servers?
----
you have high expectations for a thread that Karl starts. I admire your
optimism. You might have started your own thread for your own issues but
there are some who are going for the all-time record for thread length
that appreciate your efforts.

CentOS does handle geo-oriented mirros better than Fedora but I think
Fedora has been trying to get there. Perhaps Rahul has some opinions on
this topic.

Perhaps there's a black hole that has your system pulling from the same
wrong mirror is not accidental...it's a Groundhog Day thing.

Craig

Actually Craig, I replied to this message for 2 very obvious reasons;
1) I wanted you "folks" to see it.
2) I wanted some real information about the mirrors that yum selects.

Thanks for your reply,
- Joshua