Re: That ole Livna Problem/That ole VLC Problem

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 23:49 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 11:38 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > why does someone need to use more than one repo to install vlc?
>
> I can imagine it being more complex than just that.
>
> e.g. Someone sets up Livna, to install mplayer.  Then they want to
> install something that can only be found from another repo, so they set
> that up.  Later on, they want to install vlc and just do yum install
> vlc, and all hell breaks loose.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. I've pretty much settled on
Freshrpms as when I installed Xine from there, it worked. I had to hunt
down and kill off all my livna supplied rpms first though. Xine was
stuttering like a red-squirrel on me during video playback. The install
from Freshrpms works flawlessly for me.

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar