Re: sun acquires MySQL

> M. Fioretti wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 11:40:15 AM -0700, Robin Laing
> > (Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >
> >> As one discussion that I read, this could be a great move.  MySQL
> >> could be integrated into OpenOffice instead of base.  Could be real
> >> competition to MS Office as a full suite.
> >
> > Only if it is packaged to package everything in a database (data,
> > queries, whatever) in single files which can be exchanged without
> > problems with users of OOO of other platforms and/or other FOSS
> > suites, no?
> >
> > I explained in detail the use case I refer to at
> > http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7800
>
> I always wondered why someone didn't revive the old DataPerfect file
> format for situations where you wanted everything stuck in the same
> file.  Back in DOS days it was about the only thing where a database
> program and a useful amount of data would fit on a single floppy.

<stretches up arm and waves hand wildly> PC-FILE!! That was from back in
the day when a supervisor would want to know "just what are you screwing
around with a computer for, anyways??" No clue, straight dumb-ass
between the eyes look when they spouted that one. Guess who has the last
laugh?? Heh-heh-heh-heh.

I kept a PC-FILE database on my territory's customer base and kept track
of my own profits (my commissions) and calculated what should have been
my bonuses due, over salary. It never came close to their lower dollar
amount estimations. You gotta watch the marketing bastards when you're
the techie. I was gratified that when I left, the Fortune 100 schemers
lost it all. 8>] <evil grin> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar