Re: That ole Livna Problem/That ole VLC Problem

Les Mikesell wrote:
Ed Greshko wrote:

If you start with the realization that the manufacturer omits vital parts and you are required to customize to have something useful.
You could also start with the realization that the car is "working as designed". It is useful as designed and does was intended to do. Just not what you want to do....go 160mph (for example).

Call it what you want, it is designed to not work if you want to do many of the things you expect an operating system to do. And it is just as annoying as the car parts that are designed to make it impossible to use 3rd party maintenance replacements.
I can see why you get some things wrong....

You or I could start our own. But it is just like any other 3rd party enterprise. It is not expected, or mandated that they work together.

Not expected to work togther...  Yes that's a good description.

If you think they should...then you are operating under a flawed assumption.

I think we agree that the design is wrong.
I think you should refrain from concluding what you think I think.

OK, I'll just repeat what you said: "It is not expected or mandated that they work together".

Those 2 statements are not the same...  If you think they are...well....

--
Hartley's First Law: You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float on his back, you've got something.