Re: LDAP be killing me. I need a good step by step

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 08:53 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>
> > ----
> > I'm not certain where you're going with this.
> > ----
>
> Actually, I'm just wondering if Ric ever got his ldap server up and running.
>
> He was "blind, crazy, old and cranky" at the start of this thread.  I can't
> begin to imagine his state of mind by now.  He stopped by and asked for
> directions and a discussion erupted about GPS and what is the best map
> projection technique and why you can't there from here.  :-) :-) :-)

I've already gone blind, crazy is in it's early stages of onset, old
just happens by the minute, and cranky? No, I've gone numb. The bit
about adding users "could" be shortened if you could just use the
existing passwd file, but I realize that not everyone in my "users" need
have access to ldap. So, that doesn't happen by design. I grok that.
<sigh> I'd rather have a nice big fat GUI with a vertical list of users,
and a column of check-boxes titled LDAP and just by ticking off the
boxes with the mouse, users would be added. <cackles> Yeah, too much
like Windows.

I do enjoy the interchanges between Les and Craig as it proves Karl Marx
right. "Thesis versus Antithesis equals Synthesis". Somewhere between
the two, something useful may emerge. "The truth is out there" and so is
the ultimate "Right Thing(tm)". Now, I'll nip off and start with step 8
and see how it goes. Thanks to everyone, this is a lively
thought-provoking thread. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar