Re: LDAP be killing me. I need a good step by step

Craig White wrote:

I suppose if Fedora saw itself as providing a turnkey distribution with
a notion towards a specific, pre-determined configuration that simply
worked out of the box, that would occur.
So no one expects anyone to have more than one fedora box and need them to share network authentication?

 i.e., isn't that what your
'e-smith' distro (or whatever it is called) does?
I thought the point of using any packaged distribution was that its own components would work together. E-smith (now SME server) just does a kickstart install and provides a web interface that does all your config-file editing for you with a few concepts combined - mostly geared towards being server for windows boxes. It does provide an ldap setup suitable for an outlook address book, but it can't authenticate against its own LDAP server let alone a different instance.
----
perhaps you need to bugzilla an RFE

I guess I always expected 'Fedora Directory Server' to be part of Fedora and come set up to work. Maybe I missed something obvious here...

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx