Re: how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

David Boles wrote:

Karl Larsen wrote:
David Boles wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
David Boles wrote:
console.perms.5 - linux man page
http://www.maconlinux.net/linux-man-pages/en/console.perms.5.html

26.4. Making Files Accessible From the Console
http://tinyurl.com/25t8f2
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-access-console-files.html

It took longer to write and cut & paste this than it did to find it.

   As I have already said the man page is useless. The other referances
are for another linux. You have explained nothing!
Linux is Linux Karl. This is system stuff that you asked about here and
has little to do with Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE, Mandriva, or others.
Other than they all use this. This same stuff, if you will, 'fits' *all*
Linux distributions.

In the information links I posted is/are the answers to your questions.
If you really want someone to drop by your house and do it for you that
takes a paid for Linux. Like RHEL or SUSE.

But perhaps, if you really care for the help, you should start a new
thread because this one no longer fits the Subject: line.

   Nope I wanted you to write something that explains how you get a
/dev/xxx to change owner IF you do the right thing. I know how to do
this. Do you? I have learned but it took a long time!

You wanted me to write how "you get a /dev/xxx to change owner"? I have
no idea how to do that. Nor do I care to learn how to do that. Nor do I
understand *why* I would do that. Nor have I ever needed to do that.

Everything I have and use is standard hardware and software and my
'stuff' works.

You asked about console.perms and that was what the information links I
posted provided. Which I did for you and that did nothing for me. don't
you think that you would have learned more by reading this than having
me give you a 'step-by-step' set of directions? Ya' know? Do this. then
do this? What do you learn from that? Nothing.

Next time you have a problem or a question? Look it up yourself. I'm
sorry that I tried to be helpful. I *promise* that I will never try to
help you again.

Have a good evening.
- --

  David

Fine David and I will never again help you. You have a bad case of I am better than you. You should treat that.

Karl

And you do sound like, if you don't do it my way your and asshole, and so it will be no problem at all to not get your worthless man page.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User