Re: Java problem

Craig White wrote:
----
Says whom? Fedora is a test bed for Red Hat RHEL.
----
I'd be interested to see what evidence you offer for this besides just a
gut feeling. I've seen similar comments but they seem to be spouted by
people who simply don't know anything empirically. I haven't seen that
comment made by anyone from Red Hat but perhaps you have and can point
out a link to me.

Go through the fedora mail list archives and note how the system stabilizes and complaints stop a few months before a new RHEL release. Then compare the program versions in the RHEL release to what fedora users were running. You'll find a couple of surprises out of the thousands of packages. RHEL4 including mysql5 would be a notable difference to the FC3 contemporary; adding the Sun jdk to RHEL4/5 updates after the release would be another. And look at the problems mentioned on the mail list as major changes begin again in the following fedora version.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx