Re: Java problem

Craig White wrote:

----
No, Apple has perfected the notion of re-selling you the same software
over and over again, ahem, Leopard, iWork and my current favorite story
of Apple saying FU to their customers...BootCamp (we told you all along
it was Beta...too bad it expired and now you have to pay to upgrade).
At least you can pay them and get what you want (and time machine is kind of cute). With Linux they just say you can't ever have it (zfs) or you install dozens and dozens of kernels hoping one will finally work (firewire, etc.).
----
paying scum suckers that give you free software that dies so that you
have to purchase an upgrade that actually doesn't have the date time
bomb has been a personal vexation from me ever since the days when BPI
sold accounting software written in BASIC. Something about companies
that use drug dealers as role models...

Viva le choice

I don't see this as conceptually much different than getting something claiming to be java that isn't with fedora but the real thing with paid RHEL/support.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx