Re: how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, David Boles wrote:

> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
> >    Sorry it does not help. Jigsaw seems to want a url and when I
> > give it a /media/name/packages/ it says Not a proper URL. Perhaps
> > I need to add some "" but really I need a way to mount the DVD.
>
> If you are looking at what I *think* that you are looking at here
> the URL is:
>
> http://jigdo.fedoraunity.org/templates/20071218/Fedora-Unity-20071218-8.jigdo
>
> As for the dvd - does it not mount when you put it in the drive? If
> not mount it yourself. The answer to one of the other questions
> asked is the path to the dvd.

as i mention at the wiki page, jigdo-lite appears to have trouble
dealing with mount points that contain embedded spaces, which is
exactly what you're going to get if you let the DVD be auto-mounted --
you'll get a mount point of (in my case, at least):

/dev/sr0 on /media/Fedora 8 x86_64 DVD type iso9660 (ro,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal,uid=500)

hence the need for unmounting and remounting at a sane mount point,
unless there's a trick to make this work (i've tried backslash
escaping the spaces and using tab completion, neither of which
worked).

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA