Re: how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 December 2007, Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:

> >	For the last two or three days, I've done little else but try
> >to get the re-spin of F8. Twice, now, I've gotten two downloads
> >going in parallel (on one instance of jigdo -- using the GUI
> >interface that "yum install jigdo" gave me.
>
> Beartooth: The gui is broken, as the docs we *do* have clearly say.
> Use the cli, jigdo-lite version.  Its been broken since it release
> in 2004 or 2005, and no one to my knowledge has touched it with an
> eye toward fixing it.

exactly.  i'll fix my wiki page to emphasize that, while you need to
install the jigdo *package*, the command you run is "jigdo-lite".  i
didn't bother with the GUI front-end.

rday

p.s.  it's still not clear if jigdo-lite is capable of using the mount
point that is automatically created by inserting the original DVD,
given that the mount point name has embedded spaces, which is why i
suggest that you need to unmount the DVD, then manually mount it back
under something like /mnt.

has anyone got this to work using the original mount point, which is
something like "/media/Fedora 8 x86_64 DVD"?  that would simplify
things.

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca