Re: unsubscribe

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 06:18 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> Tim wrote:
> > Craig White:
> >
> > Tim:
> >
> > Alan Cox:
> >> Its a very old part of Australian culture, one that came over with
> >> 'cousin Jack' (the tin miners from Cornwall). So old nobody is entirely
> >> sure of its origin although the most credible one seems to be from Oggie
> >> (Kernowek: Hoggan) for a Cornish Pastie (Oggie oggie oggie! being shouted
> >> down a mine to indicate lunch arriving).
> >
> > Must be regional then, I've *NEVER* heard it before then, in South
> > Australia.
>
> I gather it got some airing at the Sydney games. I've not been to a
> sporting event for some tens of decades, the last I can recall was
> cricket in Canberra, where I sat near John Grey Gorton.

Even one "tens of decades" would make you over 100 years old, John.
You sure seem spry for a centarian!  ;-)

> Nor do I watch TV, but I certainly knew of it. Seems to have become
> popular with the Young Generation.
>

> > ... What's that skip?  He's broken a leg?  You fly the chopper and I'll
> > drive over with the first aid kit...
> >
> For the rest of the world, John Gorton was a WWII fighter pilot, got
> shot down and took some facial injuries, and looked like it. He was
> promoted to leadership of the Liberals while in the Senate when H Holt
> took his last swim, was deftly switched to the House of Reps and so to
> PM. He further distinguished himself by voting against himself in a
> motion of bo confidence in the party room, allowing Billy McMahon to
> lead the coalition to an election lost to the "It's Time" Labor lead by
> E G Whitlam.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-               Duct Tape + Magic Marker = Label Maker!              -