Re: unsubscribe

Tim:
>> 'tis considered extremely bad etiquette to try un-anonymising someone.

John Summerfield:
> I've never heard that.

Good grief, it's bloody obvious if you apply a tiny amount of thought to
it.  How stupid does one have to be to not realise that someone who
doesn't identify themselves does not want to be identified?  Try looking
up general etiquette, then; never mind something specific to e-mail.
You've been around long enough that you ought to know that sort of
thing.

> I'm more bothered by those who try to hide behind ridiculous pseudonyms.

I do use my real name, just not all of it.  E-mail addresses, the user
account name part (left of the @ sign), are not names.  Or should we
call you "Debian"?

Consider yourself privileged, Debby, ;-) that I let strangers refer to
me by my first name, rather than sir, or mister in front of my surname.

> It's true you cannot email me at this address any more, but it's done a
> wonderful job on the spammers;-), and the name is actually the one my
> parents gave me.
>

> Cheers
> John
>
> -- spambait

Or is it "John Spambait"?  (Comment not intended to be taken seriously.)

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.