Re: OT: Request for Help Desk / Ticket System software.

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:43:57 +1100
David Timms <dtimms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:47:52 +1100
> > I have worked w/OTRS (I liked that app) however, there wasnt a way
> > (that I could find) to create a ticket without it searching LDAP
> > (one key field in the DB is the smtp) and requiring the need of the
> > a valid email address.
> >
> > Perhaps it does work *IF* you don't tie in LDAP for the credentials
> > of the users that actually do the work.
> I didn't have it set up with ldap integration.
>
> There is users {people with problems} and agents {people who fix
> problems}. A logged in agent can create users {I always added an
> email address, but I don't remember if that was required in the
> webui}, and then create a phone ticket for the user.
>
> DaveT.

You are correct - However, when creating a ticket (as an agent) for a
user, it seems to require the users email address. That works in some
cases but for users that do not have email addresses - its a no go.
Simple because the MySQL database uses the email address as a key.

I have not figured a way around that.

--
Best regards,
Chris