Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
John Summerfield writes:

Just telling users to suck it up and use something else instead is very
dismissive.

Thanks Chris.

Wireless on Fedora sucks, and it seems it will suck for time to come.

It is very difficult to defend such a broad, absolute statement. All one needs is one counterexample, and your assertion is defeated.

I have two laptops here, with two different Intel wireless chipsets.

I installed Fedora 7 on box laptops, and wireless worked from the first boot. Everything's juts peachy. My only complaint is having to enter the stupid gnome keyring password, every time after logging in, in order to retrieve the WPA passphrases.

I have just posted a fairly good rebuttal of this. You should read my assertion above in context with other things I said before, and now since.

there's a group of people for whom the design is fine, and you're a member of that set. I'm not, and I'va already outlined the several wireless systems I have here.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait