Re: [Fedora] Re: SELinux Attack!

Karl Larsen wrote:
Well it has been SELINUX=disabled for quite a while after I had the problem, but when I read dmesg after reboot I still see SELINUX=passive. So there is something not right yet.

Do yourself a favor and scan for ALL SELinux messages in dmesg, not just the first occurrence you see:

   This is what it says on a server where I have it disabled:

   :~> grep SELinux /var/log/dmesg
   SELinux:  Initializing.
   SELinux:  Starting in permissive mode
   SELinux:  Registering netfilter hooks
   SELinux:  Disabled at runtime.
   SELinux:  Unregistering netfilter hooks

As you can see, yes SELinux does come up active, but then gets disabled further down into the boot sequence.