Re: [Fedora] Re: SELinux Attack!

Eric J. Feldhusen wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
I can not turn OFF SELinux. I just checked and it is still ON!

So please tell me how to turn it off and I will try to uninstall it.

edit this file

/etc/sysconfig/selinux

Your file may look like this

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=permissive
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#       strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

# SETLOCALDEFS= Check local definition changes
SETLOCALDEFS=0

Change the line -

SELINUX=permissive

SELINUX=disabled

Save and restart the computer.

Eric

Well it has been SELINUX=disabled for quite a while after I had the problem, but when I read dmesg after reboot I still see SELINUX=passive. So there is something not right yet.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User