Re: SELinux Attack!

> Hi I did that and looked at dmesg and it says even though I have tried
> to turn off SELinux 4 times it is still coming up in passive mode! Is
> there a way to for SURE turn off SELinux?

append

selinux=0

by pressing 'a' at the grub prompt.

But I want to make this point clearly because it is something you keep
doing -- don't fully blame something until you have a complete story
about why it is to blame.  You can say you "suspect selinux" for some
reason but not to say that these unrelated symptoms ARE an "selinux
attack".  Even if it turns out to be selinux-related it will be pure
coincidence your "certainty" panned out.

It's fine to look at how much you don't know at any given moment and
say, "but it smells like it might be selinux to me" or "I am suspicious
I changed the selinux status 48 hours before".  But "IT IS" when there
are so many unknowns just confuses everything.

I hope you can take this advice in the sincere manner it is intended.

-Andy