Re: IMAPS and/or openssl problem

> root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's password:
> ------------------------------------

Not allowed?  Presumably your root password for "www.gayleard.com" was
accepted if it was correct enough to ssh into that box normally? (yes
yes, settle down you Australians in the back).

> However, I went ahead and changed the IMAPS server in kmail on my laptop
> to localhost;
> this gave the error
> "The server certificate failed the authenticity test (localhost)."
>
> I wonder if I could have a problem with my dovecot certs?
> I'll re-create them and see if that is any better.

If you told kmail previously to accept that cert from "server", then it
could be quite right to complain when it finds the same cert apparently
being delivered from "localhost" in this setup.

You should be able to okay it anyway and go on, at least that is what
Thunderbird does.

-Andy