Re: Having the computer turn off at a specified tempurature

On 18/08/07, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It looks like lmsensors are your best hope. If that does not work,
> then I think you are out of luck. If the system can not monitor the
> temps/fan speeds, then there is nothing to initiate the shutdown. I
> guess you could try and add external monitoring hardware, and feed
> the status in through a serial/USB port. You can then use init to
> shut down the system using the UPS code as an example. (Or just send
> init the powerfail signal.)

Yum cannot find lmsensors, either. Strange, as in FC [3-4] I'm pretty
sure it was part of the base install.

> One thing to be aware of is that once you overheat electronics, it
> tends to be more temperature sensitive in the future. The damage
> tends to be cumulative as well...

Like brain damage, excellent! What's good, I bet that it seat the hell
out of the arctic silver 5 that I put on that same processor not two
days before the fan failure.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/