Re: one more time -- broadcom wireless on f7 [SUCCESS!!]

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Martin Marques wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day escribió:
> >   and the successes keep piling up.  i used exactly the same recipe on
> > a different model gateway laptop (MX8711 versus MX7120) with a
> > different broadcom chip:
> >
> > * previous: BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g]
> > * new one:  BCM94311MCG wlan mini-PCI
>
> I have this exact one on my Compaq Presario, and Networkmarager just
> doesn't work with the WLAN.
>
> system-config-network and a network restart made it work.

ok, there's another mystery i would like to clear up.  when you say
you used system-config-network, are you saying that you can actually
see the broadcom chip?  because when i run that very command, and try
to add a wireless device, i am presented only with "other wireless
card" and a drop-down menu whereas, in the previous release of fedora,
i could *swear* i was shown the actual broadcom chip and i was able to
configure it from there.  (that drop-down list shows only a broadcom
tigon3 card, which seems inappropriate, so i don't bother going any
further down that path.)

so can you clarify what you're describing above?  can you add a new
wireless connection thru system-config-network based on selecting your
actual broadcom chip?  thanks.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA