Re: one more time -- broadcom wireless on f7 [SUCCESS!!]

Robert P. J. Day escribió:
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Martin Marques wrote:

Robert P. J. Day escribió:
  and the successes keep piling up.  i used exactly the same recipe on
a different model gateway laptop (MX8711 versus MX7120) with a
different broadcom chip:

* previous: BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g]
* new one:  BCM94311MCG wlan mini-PCI
I have this exact one on my Compaq Presario, and Networkmarager just
doesn't work with the WLAN.

system-config-network and a network restart made it work.

ok, there's another mystery i would like to clear up.  when you say
you used system-config-network, are you saying that you can actually
see the broadcom chip?

No. I had to download the firmware and modprobe bcm43xx-80211.

As a matter of fact: The documentation out there on the web is erroneous. It always talks about using the bcm43xx module, when for the BCM94311MCG wlan mini-PCI you have to use the new bcm43xx-80211.

Once modprobe was correctly executed, the wlan0 interface gets up and you can configure it with system-config-network.

P.D.: I did have to add this line to /etc/modprobe.conf

alias wlan0 bcm43xx-mac80211