Re: fedora 6 kernel panic issues

Alan Cox wrote:
effecting the other drive as well. I had an old 486 with a X2 CD burner effecting the bus and appearing as the problem was with the disk. This was on a computer with only one controller though.

A parallel ATA controller setup means the master can take out the slave
and vice versa. SATA is one drive per cable which prevents that happening.

I missed the part he was referring to a SATA drive. Since he is running FC6 vs. F7 and beyond, it is obvious an sdx would be SATA and not IDE. Running F7 and beyond, I forgot about the distinction.

Thanks,
Jim

--
"One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".