Re: Cups

Karl Larsen wrote:
I have learned a lot today and it is all bad. Let us assume the udev update I got is what ruined my printing. The obvious thing to do is delete the update. But you can not do that.

The update becomes part of the whole file for udev. This you can't just remove because it is used by the whole computer!

So I think I need to get out my DVD and look for the old udev rpm and force it to replace the updated one.

If that doesn't work do the same thing to the others. A whole lot of work. Maybe easier to just reload f7?

I have an HP Deskjet 722C connected to an F7 machine through the parallel port and I'm using the most recent udev update. I would not suspect udev yet.

I Have hpijs-1.7.4a-4.fc7 and hplip-1.7.4a-4.fc7 installed so that may help in identifying the type of printer (I'm a neophyte with printers) and the printer shows up in the CUPS web interface with a URI of hp:/par/DESKJET_720c?device=/dev/parport0