Re: fc7 should be f7

Jim Cornette wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Martin Marques wrote:
Benjamin Lewis escribió:

As has been mentioned before, f7 sorts incorrectly with fc6, so updates
would fail to work properly.
i.e. f7 sorts before fc6, when it should sort after.

Why?

2.1-1.fc6 comes before 2.1-2.f7.

All this has been discussed in length in fedora-devel list.

Rahul

It is the first time that I heard the reason. I'm not subscribed to the devel list. (Either scorned when posting comment, mail ignored or just got bored.)

The archives are open to everyone even if you are not subscribed.

Rahul